Thanks for joining us for another chapter of the King of Cups and another amazing cocktail,
Today we will make a Joe’s Addiction.
The name is derived from the most iconic bubble gum figure: Bazooka Joe.
The cocktail is quite amazing. Beside combining flavors, we also combine two other times in life; while the bubble gum flavor takes us to a trip down memory lane, the smoky aroma is a reminder that we have grown up ( at least we can drink ).
To treat yourself with one you will need:
- Bubble gum
- Peach vodka
- Mineral water
- Orange bitters
- Johnnie Walker Black Label
- Vanilla pod
and a burner with a heat proof plate.
In order to make this cocktail we will first need to make some Bubble gum vodka which we’ll make ourselves:
- To 10 Oz. of peach vodka, add 3.5 Oz. of bubble gum ( I used Double Bubble )
- Let it sit for 3 days to let the vodka infuse with classic flavor bubble gum- stirring occasionally.
- Strain through a coffee filter into a clean container.
It comes out pretty sweet, but the cocktail doesn’t contain any other sweeteners,
When the bubble gum vodka is ready,
Making this cocktail includes a nice show using a burner (Please be careful!)
When we burn about an inch of vanilla pod (after we cut it in the middle) with some saffron threads,
And capturing the smoke from the burn with the glass, it allows a nice smoky aroma with notes of vanilla and saffron to build into the glass and affect the overall taste portfolio of the cocktail later.
While the smoky aroma builds up in the glass we will stir our fine cocktail,
In a mixing glass we will add:
- 1.5 oz. bourbon
- 1 oz. bubble gum- peach vodka
- 0.25 oz. mineral water
- 3-5 drops of orange bitters ( to taste)
- 1 bar-spoon ( or just a spoon) of Black label- if you want the cocktail to get smokier use Laphroaig or Ardbeg or any other smoked whisky to your taste
Add ice and stir until cold
Strain to the smoky glass and garnish with a twisted orange peel,
Please like us on Facebook:
Until next time my friends,
At your service,