Liked the Strawbeeries? Me too, but as unique it was, to be most honest with you guys, strawberries cocktails are too easy so this time we will leap again to the unusual side of the cup, by making a “Green Curry Daiquiri”
A green curry is a herb and spice mix mainly used in the Thai cuisine. Green Curry is a little spicy so our cocktail will pack some heat. The best part is that you don’t have to even boil water this time.
You will need;
- Aged rum ( try getting Santa Teresa 1796– it’s a great rum from Venezuela and it will add a great flavor to your cocktail)
- Coconut rum
- Lime juice
- Coconut milk
- Kaffir lime leaves ( you can get them at eastern stores)
- Green chili ( Jalapeño are fine also)
- White pepper
In a shaker combine:
- 8-10 basil leaves
- 3 spoons honey
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 2-6 Green chili slices- to taste- if you don’t like it spicy at all I recommend you drink a chillex or a salad sangria – this cocktail’s punch is in its spiciness.
- A quarter of a small garlic clove
- 1.25 oz. Santa Teresa 1796 ( or other aged rum )
Muddle-give it a real good muddle- until all ingredients are combined- but don’t make a paste out of it,
- 0.5 oz. coconut rum
- 0.25 oz. lime juice
- 1.25 oz. coconut milk
- pinch of white pepper
Add ice and shake until cold.
Double strain to a coupe glass- and garnish with a basil leaf “boat” with shaved coconut on it.
I hope you will enjoy this coconutty-spicy-herbal concoction.
Please don’t forget to like us on facebook
At your service