Happy New Year
2017 is finally here and it promises to be a year full of hope and challenges. One of our resolutions this year is to never let a reason to celebrate pass us by.
What should we celebrate?
You finally made it to the gym? Maybe you are just happy you made it through 2016 relatively unscathed, or maybe you just want to chase those winter blues away. Whatever the reason, we raise our glass to you.
Got a drink in mind?
During this time of Polar Vortices, Arctic Blasts and Snowmageddon, nothing hits the spot better than the spicy tropical cocktail created by NYC-based Chef Franco Noriega (check out his Instagram,). The Spicy Tropic is a light, refreshing cocktail made with Tequila Don Julio 70. The kick comes from cayenne peppers and the sweetness from pineapples. One sip and you’ll go from snow angels to sand castles in no time.
So what are we waiting for? Let’s get mixing
Created by New York City Chef Franco Noriega
- 1 1/2 oz Tequila Don Julio 70
- 1 oz Ginger
- 1 half Lime
- 6 Pineapple Bites
- 1 splash Ginger Ale
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- Lime Wheel & Candied Ginger for Garnish
- Combine Tequila Don Julio 70, ginger, squeezed half lime, pineapple bites and a splash of ginger ale in a rocks glass with ice and stir.
- Top with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Garnish with lime wheel and candied ginger.
Ideal Serving Glass: Rocks Glass